[Moims-dai] Marked up version of OAIS Section 6.1.5 - OO-IO Text

David Giaretta david at giaretta.org
Mon Sep 10 16:42:21 UTC 2018

Hi Mark

As I understand it, Eld argues that the OO-IO is useful terminology while you think it is unnecessary. I hope you can both be on the call tomorrow.

My attitude is that the OO-IO terminology

1.	is potentially useful
2.	does no harm and does not affect conformance
3.	has the benefit of enabling one to say that if an OAIS does rely on another organisation to provide a service, it is advantageous that the information the 2nd organisation needs to provide that service is preserved in the best possible way i.e. that 2nd organisation is itself an OAIS.

Of course we can argue about all those points!

..David