[Moims-dai] TR: DEPIP (Data Exchange Protocol for Interoperability and Preservation)

John Garrett garrett at his.com
Tue Jun 7 06:47:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for offering us the opportunity to review this draft standard.

I’ve started review of the DEPIP document and have included my comments
through Section 5.1 as markup of the document.  Please let me know if you
these comments are useful.  Overall it seems to be a very good document.  I
do have some slight concerns regarding some of the mappings to OAIS.
Perhaps others wouldn’t.

I have not yet  reviewed the more detailed sequence diagrams or the XML.
Those will take some time for me to complete if you feel they would be
useful.  At a very cursory level review of the sequences, I’m just wondering
about timeouts for many of the acknowledgements.  Without timeouts it seems
like many of these processes could hang.  Perhaps I can answer some of these
concerns myself as I get deeper into the standard.

Wishing you prosperity and peace,

-JOhn