[Moims-dai] Notes from today's meeting

Robert R Downs rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Tue Jul 5 15:50:07 UTC 2016

For the action items, please find the following examples of documents to
be managed during each project phase and share any suggestions for
improvement.

3.2.1 Project Initiation

Examples of documents to begin managing during project initiation
include the list of project participants and organizations represented,
the criteria for repositories where the project data and documentation
will be preserved, agreements among participants regarding authorship
ownership of intellectual property produced by the project as well as
relevant policies of participating organizations regarding such rights,
... .

3.2.2 Project Planning

Examples of documents to be managed during project planning include the
project management plan, the communication plan, the risk management
plan, assignments for roles and responsibilities of team members, the
list of project deliverables, the list of candidate repositories and how
they meet the established criteria for managing data and documents
produced by the project,  ... .

3.2.3 Project Execution

Examples of documents to be managed during project execution include
signed contracts, approvals received from stakeholders or other
authorities, and ...

3.2.4 Project Closing

Examples of documents to be managed during project closing include
invoices, signed acceptances, procurement documents, evidence of
payments received, and ... .

3.2.5 Project Monitoring and Controlling

Examples of documents to be managed during project monitoring and
closing include Configuration Change Requests and other documents
describing proposed changes, documented decisions of the Change
Management Board or other decision bodies, ...

Thanks,

Robert R. Downs, PhD
Senior Digital Archivist and Senior Staff Associate Officer of Research
Acting Head of Cyberinfrastructure and Informatics Research and Development
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),
The Earth Institute, Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
Voice: 845-365-8985; fax: 845-365-8922
E-mail: rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Columbia University CIESIN Web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu
ORCID: 0000-0002-8595-5134