[Moims-dai] Additional Notes from telecon 9th Feb
david at giaretta.org
Sun Feb 14 18:14:51 UTC 2016
I forgot to add the notes about the Information Lifecycle document.
* Clarify the relationship of Primary Information to the OAIS term
o Perhaps also refer to Primary Data instead of Primary Information
because data becomes information only after the additional of Representation
Information which in this document is part of the Additional Information.
Thus it allows a clearer separation of what Additional Information should
* Add note that the reader is assumed to be familiar with OAIS
* Change "Information Production Project" to "Information Creation
Project" - in order to avoid confusion with OAIS "Producer"
o Clarify where the OAIS "Producer" role resides - may not be the actual
creator of the information.
* Add definition of CRIS
* Add examples of things that will help
o capture Additional Information e.g. early drafting of RIN
o things that "everyone knows" and therefor is not written down
* Rename Annexes to "Use Cases" and make it clear these will not be
* Context Infor: add software/ code/ scripts/ designs/ quality
* Add LTDP docs to Informational References
ACTION: ALL: comments by Monday 15th
From: David Giaretta [mailto:david at giaretta.org]
Sent: 14 February 2016 16:42
To: 'MOIMS DAI List' <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: Notes from telecon 9th Feb
1. Update of on-line Strategic Plan
* [DLR-MOIMS-01] 653.0 Information Curation Process (Magenta Book),
actual completion dates till First Agency Review are missing.
* ACTION: DG to add dates
* [DLR-MOIMS-01] Xxx Producer Archive Interface Specification Tutorial
(Green Book), completion dates till Secretariat Document Processing are
* DB had sent the PAIS GB to MM and TG.
* ACTION: DG to re-send PAIS GB
* [DLR-MOIMS-01] Xxx Data Entity Dictionary Specificaton Language
(DEDSL) - XML Schema (Blue Book), actual completion dates till "Internal WG
Review - Second draft circulated to WG" are missing. [MOIMS] Agreed, however
most likely this will become an OB. MM: to be done by DAI
* ACTION: DG to check with DB/JGG
2. CWE Projects behind schedule
There are a number of projects that appear "behind schedule" in CWE. Please
fix them. They are:
* DAI ACTION: DG to add dates
* Data Entity Dictionary Specificaton Language (DEDSL) - XML Schema
* Information Lifecycle and Long Term Usage
* Producer Archive Interface Specification Tutorial
I hope we can resolve these tomorrow.
3. ISO Liaison
ACTION: DG to confirm that JGG and DG will be liaison's with ISO TC46/SC04
Earlier today I emailed a proposed response to the e-ARK project on their
ideas for an OAIS package. Comment?
* ACTION: ALL to send comments on e-ARK packages by end of the week
13th Feb 2016
* ACTION: DG to send comment to e-ARK
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MOIMS-DAI