[Moims-dai] TR: Review of MOIMS objectives: Final version

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Thu Jul 30 09:52:40 UTC 2015

John,

I have included your changes. Thanks

__Mario

From:   "John Garrett" <garrett at his.com>
To:     "'MOIMS-Data Archive Ingestion'" <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>,
Date:   29/07/2015 22:59
Subject:        RE: [Moims-dai] TR: Review of MOIMS objectives: Final
version
Sent by:        moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org

Hi,

Although there are a couple goals associated with archival issues, I
don?t believe that the objectives statement addresses archival systems and
issues.
I present  a couple possible updates below.  I not sure something better
couldn?t be generated, but I think something needs to be added.

The objective of the MOIMS area is to address all application-level
standards and their associated information management that are required to
operate spacecraft and robots, and their ground system in response to
mission requirements and any data handling and archival systems making use
of the information gathered by the mission. The focus of this area is
primarily on the Mission Operations (MO) data and services that are
required for preparing and conducting space mission operations and the
archival systems maintaining the information obtained. These
application-level standards will facilitate the availability of plug-in
components exposing standard service interfaces, which will allow a
simplified and economical assembly of both space and ground segments and
enable interoperability and operations automation. Consistency at data and
service level within MOIMS shall be achieved by adherence of new standards
to the MO Service Framework and the Reference Model for Open Archival
Information Systems (OAIS).

Live, Laugh, Love, and Work for Peace,
-JOhn