[CSS-GFT] Terrestrial File Transfer - Initial draft concept.

Shames, Peter M (312G) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 14 17:34:16 EST 2014

Hi Colin,

I think this white paper is a great start on this new service.  I'm
attaching a version of the file with "track changes" turned on and some
notes / comments inserted.  I get the impression that the overall
operational concept is well aligned with much of what we have been
thinking too, but there may be some distinct differences. I think that
these can be accommodated and still keep the spec modest in size.

I also have the impression that we need to take a look at the existing
XFDU spec.  Since it covers transfer of a "package" file that includes a
manifest and potentially one or more files that might be ZIPed or TARed it
may very well be something we can adopt / adapt.  I'd like nothing better
than to have this turn into a "Utilization or Adpatation Profile" style of
Blue Book where we say "use this, use that, selct these features, deploy
it this way" and then be done with it.  It won't be quite that simple, but
maybe ...

Cheers, Peter