[Css-csts] WebEx meeting changed: CSTS Telecon #2

Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int
Fri Sep 7 07:56:48 UTC 2018

Hi Miyano-san,
The Concept book and Guidelines are in a very advanced shape and close to
publication. For the Magenta books, eventually  documenting the CSTS API,
I have some question marks in my mind:

For SLE the goal was to have interchangeable software components
implementing standardized APIs , but to the best of my knowledge component
exchange has not been exercised (except for proof of concept)
Which programming language would you suggest for APIs? SLE uses C++.
Currently ESA is developing a CSTS SFW implementation in Java 8. However,
clearly without standardized APIs.
Which benefit do you see in standardizing the APIs?
Which role do you see for UML / SysML from the view point of the a
standardization body like the CCSDS / CSTS WG? Is it rather documentation
or also standardization?

I am happy to discuss that in more detail, in Berlin we should find the
time to do that.

Best regards,
Holger

Holger Dreihahn
European Spacecraft Operations Centre | European Space Agency | S-431
+49 6151 90 2233 | http://www.esa.int/esoc