[Css-csts] RE: SII example and description of the service instance number

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Jun 22 20:18:21 UTC 2015

Wolfgang,
The “new” SII looks very good overall. A few minor comments:

1.       In the example under 3.4.2.2.7.7 NOTE 2, the bullet should be “CSTS Type” instead of [the old] “Transfer Service Profile Identifier”.

2.       Also, since we’ve adopted the convention of using the word “Provider” to designate the FR types associated with transfer services (both CSTS and SLE TS), I suggest showing the value of the CSTS Type component as “MD CSTS Provider”.

3.       3.4.2.2.7.8 states “The service instance number shall be identical to the instance number of the Functional Resource used for monitoring of the given service instance.”
I find the phrase at the end, “the Functional Resource used for monitoring of the given service instance”, potentially confusing. This could be interpreted as referring to an MD-CSTS instead of the identification of the CSTS itself (which may not necessarily be MD-CSTS). Furthermore, while someone familiar with FR Name composition, etc., understands what is being referred to by “instance n8mber”, the newer  reader/implementer may find it ambiguous. I’d like to suggest changing the sentence to read:
“The service instance number shall be identical to the Functional Resource Instance Number of the Functional Resource Name assigned to the service instance.”
This could be followed by a NOTE:
“The concatenation of the CSTS Type and service instance number are semantically equivalent to the Functional Resource Name of the CSTS instance.”,
but I leave it to you to decide whether this further clarification would helpful.

Best regards,
John