[Css-csts] Re: Version number of derived procedure

Yves.Doat at esa.int Yves.Doat at esa.int
Wed Jul 21 02:47:59 EDT 2010

Dear John,
We should not repeat the version in two places (that would be the best way to
get inconsistencies). In my view keeping the version number in the table
should be sufficient.
Best regards
Yves

             "John Pietras"
             <john.pietras at gst.
             com>                                                         To
                                        <Yves.Doat at esa.int>
             20/07/2010 23:34                                             cc
                                        <css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org>
                                                                     Subject
                                        Version number of derived procedure

Yves,

I am finally getting around to updating the TD-CSTS book, and have begun
working through your comments, as contained in the file TD-CSTS_W-0.4 YD.doc.
I have incorporated all of them but one. In the Buffered Tracking Data
Message Delivery procedure (section 4), your comment Y.D.11 states: "We
agreed to have the version of the procedure specified." It is my
understanding that putting the version number in the "Version" row of the
Procedures table (e.g., table 3-1 of the TD-CSTS specification) was that way
that the version number is specified. Do we need to repeat the version number
in the section for each derived procedure? (We may have discussed this in
Portsmouth, but I can't remember).