[Css-csts] Updated Guidelines on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Jan 26 16:01:51 EST 2010

CSTSWG colleagues ---

I have placed the latest update (R-0.7) of the CSTS Guidelines on the
CWE at URL

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Guidelines/C
STSGuidelines_R-0.7.doc

(also accessible via http://tinyurl.com/Guidelines-R-0-7)

This version incorporates the changes that were discussed and agreed in
Noordwijk. As agreed in Noordwijk, the book has been changed from a
draft Recommended Standard (Blue Book track) to a draft Recommended
Practice (Magenta Book).

The draft incorporates the contents of the Technical Note (TN) that Yves
produced following the Noordwijk, "Everything You Wanted to Know about
Derivation But Never Asked". The original plan was to simply include the
TN as an annex, but some of its material is more appropriate to the main
body of the document, either as normative text or as NOTE material.
Also, I used Yves' Derivation Example for a hypothetical MyNewService as
the basis for the Composition and Derived Procedures sections of the
CSTS specification for the MyNewService service (in annex C). Yves, I
hope that you agree with this reworking of your TN.

Finally, the draft reflects email correspondence regarding the
Guidelines since the Noordwijk meeting.

John Pietras

GST, Inc.

7855 Walker Drive, Suite 200