[Css-csts] 'invalid range' diagnostic value

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Fri Dec 7 13:24:14 EST 2007

Yves,
What I was suggesting in (b) was that one approach would be to use the
text-string name of the parameter as it appears in the ASN.1 as the name
of the invalid parameter that is reported as part of the diagnostic.
However, on thinking about it more, for extended diagnostics there may
not be ASN.1 names defined for the invalid parameter, so my suggestion
does not work. I agree with your proposed solution.

Regarding "ASN.1 name of the parameter in violation", I simply meant the
name of the invalid parameter. I should been more precise and consistent
with my terminology.