[CMC] RES:Re: CMC - SANA Registry Action

Eduardo Bergamini e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
Sun Oct 14 03:19:08 UTC 2018

Dear CMC Colleagues,

Following up with all other comments and, specially those comments by JAXA following those from CNES on top of JAXA, I wish to express INPE agreement on the conclusive, proposed

comments.

With one additional, important comment, though, considering that SANA is intended to serve not only CCSDS related Members and Observers. That is, be the status of a CCSDS

document ACTIVE or SILVER, it should be strictly considered by SANA the proper mentioning of ALL CCSDS related documents, as applicable, if any, including the precise mentioning of

the ISO TC20/SC13 (or else, in ISO domain, in a very few cases) Standard document that is directly correspondent to each of the applicable CCSDS documents, again, be it in SILVER or

ACTIVE status but, also important, with the AADITION of the information that cites if the ISO document is ACTIVE or NOT ACTIVE, in the exclusive domain of ISO. The immediately

previous assertion is also necessary because there are ISO documents that are ACTIVE exclusively in ISO domain but NOT (necessarily) ACTIVE (I.e. be it SILVER or, simply,

DISCONTINUED) in CCSDS domain, anymore. If this aspect is not taken into consideration, to say the least, considerable confusion on the assignment of SANA registries may result, with

special emphasis for those organizations who may be registering with SANA but that are not, at least, directly, related to CCSDS.

Thanks to Calvin for his relaying of JAXA and other agencies comments.

Thank you.

Best regards,

EDUARDO W. BERGAMINI

INPE/CCSDS
Information Networks in Space Missions - RME
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE
Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications - MCTIC
Avenida dos Astronautas, 1758
12227-010 São José dos Campos, SP
BRAZIL
Phones : +55 12 3208 6166/6150