[CMC] CCSDS Report to IOP-4

繁田 勉 shigeta.tsutomu at jaxa.jp
Tue Oct 9 08:45:53 UTC 2018

Dear James-san,  cc: Michael-san,

In preparation for today's IOAG telecon on the subject of the report to IOP-4, I'm sending this message to inquire whether the draft CCSDS Report on the IOAG/IOP site is complete or missing a closing part (possibly missing due to the large file size of over 39MB). I understand that the report includes conclusion including issues in the closing part. Would you confirm?

Concerning the CCSDS Communique (resolutions), I would like to suggest emphasizing the manned exploration missions on the 2nd item as follows;

> 2. The IOP supports the CCSDS to continue their work to strategically stage interoperable capabilities for the next generation of spaceflight missions.

   -->

> 2. The IOP supports the CCSDS to continue their work to strategically stage interoperable capabilities for the next generation of spaceflight missions, including the manned exploration missions.

Regarding the 3rd item of resolutions (see below),

Is a topic of possible outreach activities with Commercial/Industries covered in this resolutions or to be added as a new item depending on the result of Open forum discussion on “Future role of Agencies in a changing space landscape" ?

> 3. For the topics that are under the cognizance of the IOAG, the IOP encourages further cooperation between the two organizations, and a healthy discourse that enhances the products of both IOAG and CCSDS.

I hope my message is not too short for you before telecon due to early US morning time being so close to the telecon starting time.

Regards …. Shigeta