[CMC] [CESG] [Ccsds-omg-liaison] Termologic response to the Vocabularies, Glossaries, or Ontologies for the Spacecraft Ground Systems Domain RFI available

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Fri Feb 17 07:49:47 UTC 2017

Peter,

What you think it was an agreement, it is more your will than the reality.

I show below my 2 mails, which clearly suggest "to discuss further in the
CESG" (i.e. no agreement.)

My current opinion is a no go, but this could change after our
reflections..

There was also a discussion on "liaisons" within the last CMC meeting (and
the lack of procedural text in our YB). Our CMC Chair will draft some
updates to our Proc & Org YB. As an example he suggested to add some text
about the obligation of a liaison to deliver status presentation to the
CMC for comments one week before the event.

The above mentioned issue is trivial when considering a CCSDS RFP
submission to the OMG, with its implications from the
resources/schedule/co-ordination point of view (take XTCE as example and
the efforts deployed). My opinion is that type of CMC actions (i.e. RFP
submission) shall also imply polls at CESG and CMC level.

@ CMC : I copy you, but I will prepare an additional mail to make you
aware of the situation.

ciao
nestor
=========================
We need to discuss during the next CESG webex the pro and cons of the way
forward
An OMG RFI means the production of an OMG standard and if we keep ours,
synchronization will be an issue
I do not have a position but a bitter taste in my mouth after reading
(between lines) the OMG opinions
Ciao
Nestor
Peter
Les 's discuss this at CESG level

A RFI, if accepted, will become in the future an OMG standard

A RFI is not a good way for collaboration

And I agree that we need to further discuss with them

Ciao
Nestor