[CMC] RE: IOP-2 Agenda - SFCG, CCSDS, SIAG Presentations

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Thu Nov 6 11:27:30 EST 2008

Adrian,

I am not 100% clear, but I believe it is the latter. Narita should know
better than me, since he is participating in those IOAG discussions. The
CMC (e.g. Mike) made a clear request to IOP, but the answer is open for
interpretation. The only think clear seems to be that Narita is making the
presentation. Thus nothing would prevent him to explain what is CCSDS,
what it has achieved, on what it is working now, how it liaises with other
bodies.

I have a concern: it seems to me that sometimes NASA position in CMC is
not fully coordinated internally to NASA with their Projects. While for
ESA there is a process whereby all ESA positions are internally
coordinated with Projects through the ESA Standardisation Board (and also
behind the scene at ECSS level) I don't if and how a similar process works
in NASA. The impression I have is that this might be at IOAG level! This
point ought to be addressed during the forthcoming IOP discussion. At
least the question will be asked.

Best regards, JFK

"Adrian J. Hooke" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>
06.11.2008 16:59

"Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int" <Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int>, Narita
Kaneaki <narita.kaneaki at jaxa.jp>
cc
"CCSDS Management Council" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject
Re: [CMC] RE: IOP-2 Agenda - SFCG, CCSDS, SIAG Presentations