[CMC] RE: IOP-2 Agenda - SFCG, CCSDS, SIAG Presentations

narita.kaneaki narita.kaneaki at jaxa.jp
Thu Nov 6 19:26:57 EST 2008

Dear JFK and Adrian,

I think I will be a editor using your previous reports and presentations,
referring to previous CMC and CESG pitch in Berlin, by consensus basis. The
discussion points that we should be cool down during the preparation with
CMC member based on the IOAG point of view is how we present (make) the
relationship between the IOAG and the CCSDS, and other bodies such as ISECG
and ILN.

The key message to the IOP from IOAG about the CCSDS is that the CCSDS is
the appropriate technical forum to evolve the interoperability in the space
communications and navigation considering to and driven by the future
multi-agency mission coordination bodies.

The followings are key presentation structure that I would like to propose
you all:
- Scope (or Objective) of CCSDS
- Organization (History, area of activity, using CCSDS Interactive Technical
Reference Model and others, relationship with ISO/SC13)
- Achievement (# of CCSDS mission, # of Standardization)
- Management Structure (Relationship with IOAG and CMC, Operating (Infusion)
Plan, WG Charter, etc.)
- Special Topics (SANA, etc)

I think it would be a good idea to introduce the ESA internal coordination
framework (mentioned below e-mail, 2nd para.) and others (more softly
representing their mission needs to the CCSDS activities) for information
basis.

I appreciate your support!
Best Regards,

Narita