[CMC] Re: [CESG] Re: [Sois-wir] [SOIS] Proposed way-forward for SOIS

Chris.Taylor at esa.int Chris.Taylor at esa.int
Fri Feb 16 03:34:49 EST 2007

Adrian, I am thoroughly against this and it goes back on our previous
agreements. According to CESG directives, we have produced the Green book,
had it reviewed at CESG level, made the updates accordingly and now it should
go out without delay and in line with CCSDS procedure.

There may well be a need to update the Green Book but only after we have had
feedback from the draft Red Books in conjunction with prototyping but this
will not be before the end of the year. This is in-line with the SOIS
charter, which in turn is matched to our industrial support contracts and we
have no resources available for another Green book review cycle, so I cannot
commit to it.

I also do not agree that this is the same as the Cislunar situation. We have
3 Agencies actively participating in SOIS,  all representing flight systems
and the SOIS group has an agreed brief to provide Red and Green books. At ESA
and BNSC, the SOIS architecture is already being proposed for flight
implementation, in addition,  we have contracts running for Milbus and
Spacewire mapping. As I was at pains to point out in my report to the CESG,
we therefore have contractual commitments that rely on a published green book
and at least draft Red books, and any further delay will result in
contractual problems.

I therefore request that we stay with the previous agreements and publish the
Green book.

//ct

             "Adrian J. Hooke"
             <adrian.j.hooke at jp
             l.nasa.gov>                                                  To
                                        Chris.Taylor at esa.int
             15/02/2007 16:52                                             cc
                                        Spacecraft Onboard Interface
                                        Services Area
                                        <sois at mailman.ccsds.org>, CCSDS
                                        Engineering Steering Group - ADs