[CMC] Re: [CESG] Re: [Sois-wir] [SOIS] Proposed way-forward for SOIS

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 15 11:11:22 EST 2007

At 07:59 AM 2/15/2007, Nestor.Peccia at esa.int wrote:
>Please consider the period given for review. Distributing dozen of books
>to be reviewed in a short period of time, will have an unique consequence;
>namely "few RIDs due to lack of time and / or volume of the doc package"

That's why I proposed a 30-day CESG review. If that isn't long enough, then
let's extend it. But the danger of dribbling Books out one by one is that
no-one ever gets to review the big picture, so you end up with "few RIDs
due to lack of awareness about the significance of the doc package".

SOIS is important. We need to take the time to get it right. If we can't
agree that we've got it right, we should deploy our time and resources
elsewhere.

///adrian