[CMC] Review of CCSDS documents with CCSDS and ISO

Eduardo W. Bergamini e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
Tue Sep 27 14:17:45 EDT 2005

MessageDear Jean-Marc,

You also made a pertinent, fundamental point. The actual scenario is rather complex and the solution may not be so obvious, necessarily. In order to avoid a precipitated move, it would be better for CCSDS to carefully select the Chinese organization to be effectively addressed with an invitation, implied by the naturally expected rights and commitments. Perhaps, indirectly, the process may be triggered first through a higher level Chinese authority that may have an overall acquaintance on the space activities of the country and that, hopefully, may have or be able able to obtain decision power for recommending to CCSDS the proper organization to be addressed, in the case. In other words, it is worth for CCSDS to plan in sufficient detail, "a-priori", the Chinese organization to be addressed and the way the addressing itself should be instrumented for actual implementation, through the best possible channel, be it directly, or not to a specific organization.

Best regards,

Eduardo