[CMC] Review of CCSDS documents with CCSDS and ISO

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 27 09:34:39 EDT 2005

At 02:42 AM 9/27/2005, Allan, PM (Peter) wrote:
>He then raised the interesting question (which is why I am sending this
>e-mail) of what we will do in the future as China plays a growing role in
>space, presumably wanting to use space standards in the process, given
>that they are not a member of CCSDS, but may well increasingly comment
>through the ISO process. An obvious answer is to invite them to become
>members of CCSDS. I am raising this now simply to try to head off any
>problems that could be caused by a lot of comments through the ISO review
>process. China has been a low key member of SC13 in the past, but this may
>not continue in the future.

I agree that this could be a good pro-active move to avoid future problems
with disruptive comments coming in through ISO. It also makes sense given
China's emergence as a space "player". Presumably:

1. Someone needs to formulate a Resolution to invite China to become a
CCSDS Member.

2. The current Members need to vote on the Resolution.

Peter: are you willing to introduce this as a formal CMC Resolution? If so,
it would be useful to do this now so that the Agencies can develop their
positions prior to the CMC meeting.

///adrian