[CMC] Review of CCSDS documents with CCSDS and ISO

Eduardo W. Bergamini e.w.bergamini at uol.com.br
Tue Sep 27 09:20:37 EDT 2005

Review of CCSDS documents with CCSDS and ISOPeter,

In my opinion, you have made a very good point for consideration by CCSDS. China, through CAST, has been an Observer Agency, possibly, since the beginning of CCSDS, or close to it, if I remember. They certainly attended the very first meeting held in Washington D.C., back in January 1982. Adding to your words, it would make sense to me that China may be invited by CCSDS to reconsider its status for becoming a Member. In this case, I do not know if CAST would be the only possibility, for such a possible approach.

Regards,

Eduardo

>From CCSDS Web pages for Observer Agencies ...

A CCSDS Observer Agency is a governmental or quasi-governmental organization that participates in CCSDS activities at a reduced level of support. Observer Agencies are encouraged but not expected to make best efforts to ensure the adherence of their agency's internal standards to the applicable CCSDS Recommended Standards.  Observer Agencies are encouraged, but not required, to contribute resources to the working groups. Individuals from the Observer Agencies are invited to participate as technical experts.  There is no limit on the number of national or multinational agencies that may participate as Observer Agencies.

Chinese Academy of Space Technology
Heping Zhao
CCSDS Principal Delegate of CAST
Beijing Institute of Spacecraft System Engineering
Chinese Academy of Space Technology
No.82 Zhichun Road
Beijing 100086
China