[CMC] Re: CMC VOTE REQUIRED: Draft Resolution, CCSDS-OMG Study Group

Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int
Fri Mar 12 08:39:47 EST 2004

Adrian,

Thanks for your effective support in this meeting. I fully concur to those
recommendations.

Best regards, JFK

|--------+----------------------------->
|        |          "Adrian J. Hooke"  |
|        |          <adrian.j.hooke at jpl|
|        |          .nasa.gov>         |
|        |                             |
|        |          11.03.2004 23:41   |
|        |                             |
|--------+----------------------------->
  |       To:     "CCSDS Management Council" <cmc at mailman.ccsds.org>           |
  |       cc:     Adrian.J.Hooke at jpl.nasa.gov, Andrew.Z.Dowen at jpl.nasa.gov,    |
  |       P.M.Allan at rl.ac.uk, Georges-Henri.Mingot at cnes.fr,                    |
  |       Nestor.Peccia at esa.int, Jean-Francois.Kaufeler at esa.int,               |
  |       Pauline.Bolle-Mead at esa.int                                           |
  |       Subject:     CMC VOTE REQUIRED: Draft Resolution, CCSDS-OMG Study    |
  |       Group                                                                |

TO:   CCSDS Management Council
FROM: CCSDS-OMG Study Team

meeting, a small team met at ESA, Darmstadt on 10-11 March to study future
relationships between the CCSDS and the OMG (Object Management Group). In
attendance were:

Peter Allan (BNSC)
Andy Dowen (NASA)
Adrian Hooke (NASA)
Jean-Francois Kaufeler, (ESA)
Georges-Henri Mingot (CNES)
John Siegel (OMG)
Nestor Peccia (ESA)

2. The consensus recommendation of the group is attached. The net result is that
we recommend that the OMG should host our two meetings in 2005 (Spring - Europe;
Autumn - USA),thus offering the opportunity for increased technical interchange
between key personnel, and that we will continue to seek a viable project to
demonstrate the utility of OMG technology to the space domain. However, we will
not make any changes to each other's operating procedures, and neither will we
specifically "give up" any CCSDS work to the OMG.

3. The next step is to seek ratification of this draft recommendation by CCSDS
and OMG management. The CCSDS participants believe that this course of action
will be beneficial,  and therefore solicit your e-mail approval.

4.PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS REQUEST BY THE "ANSWER ALL" MECHANISM to indicate
whether or not you approve this Draft Resolution.

5. Your response is requested no later than close of business on Friday 26
March, i.e., two weeks from today.

Best regards
Adrian J. Hooke
Chairman, CCSDS Engineering Steering Group (CESG)