[CMC] Question re: recent CMC voting

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke@jpl.nasa.gov
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:24:13 -0800

--=====================_-1676307734==_.ALT

At 11:45 AM 1/7/2004, Eduardo W. Bergamini wrote:
>The consensus issue. The pertinent excerpt of our CCSDS A00.0-Y-9
>Procedures Manual, as of Nov. 2003, reads:
>5.1.2 CONSENSUS
>The decisions of all CCSDS organizational units shall reached through
>consensus. In this context, consensus does not necessarily mean that
>unanimous agreement has been reached, but that the result incorporates the
>best set of compromises to which all parties can agree.

My question is whether, based on a partial vote, "all parties" have truly
participated in that consensus? For instance, I notice that ESA and NASA
did not participate in the voting.

///adrian

--=====================_-1676307734==_.ALT

At 11:45 AM 1/7/2004, Eduardo W. Bergamini wrote:<br>
consensus issue. The pertinent excerpt of our CCSDS A00.0-Y-9 Procedures
Manual, as of Nov. 2003, reads: </font><br>
The decisions of all CCSDS organizational units shall reached through
consensus. In this context, consensus does not necessarily mean that
unanimous agreement has been reached, but that the result incorporates
the best set of compromises <font color="#0000FF"><b>to which all parties
My question is whether, based on a partial vote, &quot;all parties&quot;
have truly participated in that consensus? For instance, I notice that
ESA and NASA did not participate in the voting.<br><br>
///adrian<br>