[CESG] Agenda Item for next CESG Meeting: Agency Reviews

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Wed Sep 25 06:46:26 UTC 2019

Dear Margherita,
        I would appreciate if we could quickly discuss at next meeting
about the "Scope of and Agency Review" and may be conclude for adding
something in the Org&Proc Book CCSDS A02.1-Y-4.

Just to introduce the subject I think that - despite there are formal
requirements about neeed for resolution, compliance with publication
manual, etc. - there is no place in the Org&Proc making clear the purpose
of an Agency Review.
Org&Proc states the purpose for doing a prototype implementation but it
says nothing specific about Agency Review.
Conversely it states that a "review budget  must  be  agreed  upon  by the
 CESG  and  the  CMC  before  publishing  the  first  issue  of  a  Draft
Recommended  Standard" (and I guess we are surely guilty about this
:o).because formal agency reviews consume resources.

I think that stating clearly the purpose of an Agency Review is required
not only to create a common understanding (that I am not sure is currently
present) but also to help all of us for our work with CESG Polls etc

Best regards

Gian Paolo

PS I copy Tom in case he can correct or add about statements in documents.