[CESG] [Secretariat] [EXTERNAL] RID Database

Thomas Gannett thomas.gannett at tgannett.net
Mon May 20 14:18:18 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues:

At the CESG meeting in Mountain View, there was consensus that RID packages
should be delivered to the top-level CCSDS review coordinator in Excel
format.

Beyond that, CCSDS agencies (not the CCSDS, not the Secretariat, not the
CESG) are responsible for conducting reviews. How agencies choose to conduct
their reviews is their business. More importantly, tools/formats/
restrictions related to how agency reviewers are allowed to input RIDs are
matters for each agency to determine; the only requirement at the CCSDS
level is that the agency-approved RID packages be delivered in Excel format.

I personally think the CESG may have better things to do than endlessly
debate the input format for RIDs, but I can only offer my opinion.

My two cents, or plugged nickel, as the case may be,

Tom

Logothete, L.L.C.

thomas.gannett at tgannett.net

+1 443 472 0805