[CESG] Draft CWE Projects for Documents due for five year Review

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Thu Oct 22 13:11:08 UTC 2015

Dear All,
        I see that in the ongoing poll for SOIS0-SUBNET Peter has
commented "Also, I think you need to enter draft projects for the review
of the various Subnetwork Service Magenta Books."

I must admit that my understanding from past discussions was different;
i.e.
- the review of documenting exceeding the expiration period (normally five
years, :o) is an implicit task of each WG/Area and this activity was left
out of the Strategic Plan for this reason
- each time a document expires the WG is called to check it and to decide
about reconfirmation or review.
- if the WG decides for review, then a CWE Project shall be created (and
submitted to CMC for approval).

Having said this it looks to me that a CWE Project for reviewing an
expired document should only be created if the WG decides not to reconfirm
it.
I also think that such a project reduced bureaucracy as well as the
creation of useless project that will have to be deleted in case the WG
simply reconfirms the book.

This is my cent.
I have no problem in adapting to other approaches but let's one only ONE
approach.

Ciao

Gippo

PS Nestor, if your agenda for Darmstadt is not full enough you can add
this topic   :o)