[Secretariat] Re: [CESG] Re: [Cesg-all] Too many CESG emails (was CFDPv1 status update)

ccsds techsupport ccsds_techsupport at aiaa.org
Wed Jul 22 17:56:41 UTC 2015

Just an FYI - The CESG-All is moderated, and no outsiders can send an immediate e-mail to that list.   If an outsider attempts to e-mail that list, and is not a member; or has previously not been added to the bypass whitelist (there is only a few addresses…mostly Secretariat staff) for that mailing list….then their post is held for moderation.   I have seen situations where an outsider has attempted to e-mail a mailing list, and also directly CC’s another users e-mail address (who may have been a CESG-All member).  That e-mail will be held for moderation, but the CESG-All member (who received the e-mail directly) may decide “reply to all”, and then users of the mailing list will see that reply.  Hope this makes sense….

Anyways, I understand the situation. Sometimes CESG-All is used when CESG would have been the better choice.  Either way though, ADs and DADs will be receiving numerous e-mails.