[CESG] PICS text in A02.1-Y-2.1d

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Thu Jul 28 11:06:38 EDT 2011

Adrian,

If you only try to analyse my mail it would be complicated.

I was suggesting the same text updated by Peter in other sections of the
Procedures, where he is proposing the phrase "communications protocol"

and again, we deferred the decision to use ICS (not PICS) until Boulder
because more analysis is needed.

XTCE belongs to the exchange of information object standards (as TDM does)
and could require an ICS. Service-, coding -, modulation -,
compression-specs also require ICS. Decision to use it or not will be made
at the next CESG meeting.

ciao
nestor