[Cesg-all] [CMC] combined Priority List of draft Projects

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Fri Oct 7 07:02:28 UTC 2016

Peter

I believe that you have not understood that Martin's  table is only for
draft Projects

Now my responses
Delta-DOR WG was completely missing.  I added it in the attached, but
greyed out all the votes since there were none.
Totally wrong. You are addressing already approved Projects and Martin's
Table only refers to draft Projects.
If you go to the CWE and display the Draft Project View you will discover
that the D-DOR WG has no draft Projects.
I can imagine that you got confused because the Table contains some
already approved Projects (which were draft at April 2016, when I
originally created the Table). Martin has highlighted them in the 1st
column with a different colour, but forgot to clarify all the details of
how to interpret the Table. This has some consequences when broadcasting
the mail to the whole CESG-all list.
I do not know if other WG or projects are missing, but I recommend that
each AD take a look at their own.
You are endorsing my recommendation.
Three of the agencies did not place any Priorities at all.  Some did not
indicate any Priority 1. I would think an agency might state a high
priority even if they were not able to contribute.
I have asked, as CESG Chair, to the CMC to take this action on board
during the Brazil meeting. Martin has used a Table initially prepared by
me. My other request was to receive the CMC response 2 weeks at least
prior to Rome. Martin sent me a draft some weeks ago noting that several
Agencies were still missing, I have reconfirmed our need even if the Table
would be incomplete. This will be discussed at the next CESG / CMC Joint
meeting.
Some active projects have no priority 1 votes, but they are active and are
getting resources from agencies.  I think that is OK, but I think that
violates your newly made up rule ("a BB shall  have 2 Agencies marking it
as Priority 1").
Correct. The Table was produced in April 2016 and some Projects are now
approved Projects. Martin has highlighted them with different background
colours (see 1st column).
Please understand that Agencies are communicating us their priorities for
draft Projects, which  have no rules, i.e. no violation.
The rule is a CMC rule, suggested by the CESG Chair, but the only body
managing resources is the CMC, not the CESG.
The rule applies when an AD submits a Draft Project for CMC approval. If
no all resources are granted, the Project will remain as Draft. We have
still the issue of the Projects missing resources before the rule entered
into effect.
I think any such proposed new rule needs to be discussed and agreed to by
the CESG and concurred to by the CMC.  I do not believe that has happened.
I do not understand. There is only one rule and under my humble opinion is
enough. We can discuss this during our CESG meeting under the Agenda item
"resources"

ciao
nestor