[Cesg-all] Fall 2016 Meeting Planning

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 17 16:28:13 UTC 2016

Dear Mehran,

Moving the MPS meeting to the last two days creates a direct conflict with the SAWG, since Roger Thompson is a key participant in both of these meetings.  I do not have any particular problem with moving the SAWG earlier in the week, but I really need two days of contiguous meetings, not ½ day here and ½ day there.  That is totally unacceptable.   My understanding is that there is a meeting room crunch and that is the driving concern.

It would have worked fine for the SAWG if the SAWG and MPS meetings had just been swapped.  However, having them on the same days just does not work at all.

I think it is up to the meeting organizers to sort this out. I have no way to resolve this myself.

Regards, Peter