[Cesg-all] Too many CESG emails (was CFDPv1 status update)

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Tue Jul 21 17:32:26 UTC 2015

Dear Nestor,

I do not know if the same is true for the others in the CESG-ALL distribution
list, but I have serious problems in handling the high rate of emails on this
(and other) channel.

As an example, the thread "CFDPv1 status update" resulted in more than 10
emails that were distributed to a large distribution list. I am not claiming
that the topic was not of interest, I just cannot afford to follow all
possible topics with the same intensity.

I believe we should define a rule or code of conduct to manage these
situations. One possibility could be that as soon as it is understood that
the topic cannot be resolved within a couple of emails, then the discussion
continues in a restricted group and the conclusions reported at the end to
CESG-ALL. Other options are clearly possible.

I suggest this issue is discussed at the next CESG webEx.

Regards,

__Mario