[Cesg-all] Review of DRAFT CCSDS Glossary / some initial emotional comments

John Garrett John.G.Garrett at nasa.gov
Wed Nov 9 11:23:28 EST 2011

Hi,

I don't believe that this was originally a Panel 2 project.  It did involve
glossary entries from Panel 1 and Panel 3 books.
I believe it was originally a CCSDS Secretariat/CCSDS Editor function.
My recollection is that definitions from new standards would automatically be
added to the CCSDS Glossary and it would periodically be published.

Actually what you might be thinking of is that when I was CCSDS web master, we
had a P2 area and there was a P2 glossary page on it.  I maintained it the same
way as the CCSDS glossary was maintained back then and how I would propose that
the CCSDS registry should be maintained now.  Whenever a new standard is
published, the definitions (and acronyms) that are included in the glossary of
the standard should automatically be included in the CCSDS glossary.

Cheers,
-JOhn