[Secretariat] Re: [Cesg-all] Review of DRAFT CCSDS Glossary / some initial emotional comments

Thomas Gannett tomg at aiaa.org
Wed Nov 9 13:00:08 EST 2011

Historical note:  The Glossary was originally compiled by the
Secretariat (i.e., by me) and was updated on a low-priority basis by
the Secretariat prior to the great CCSDS reorganization/ Secretariat
annihilation of 2003-2004.  Since then SEA has indeed become its
owner, but the responsibility for validating/updating the individual
entries obviously belongs to the WG experts.

If the original source citations had been preserved, it would be a
simple matter the assign each WG the task of updating the entries
relating to documents for which they are responsible.  That would not
be a resource-intensive activity.

Even without the source citations, the time required for a WG chair
to scan the entries and identify those for which his/her WG should
take responsibility is insignificant.  There is a danger of spending
more time on discussions about who should be responsible for it and
who has resources to do it than would be required simply to do what is needed.

Thomas Gannett
+1 443 472 0805