[Sea-sa] Rough minutes from 8 Jan 24 SEA-SA RASDS++ meeting

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 8 23:54:10 UTC 2024

SEA-SA RASDS working meeting on 8 Jan 24

Attendees: Shelbun Cheng (JPL), Joseph Howard (BAH), Josiah Johnson (MSFC), Ramon Krosley (JSC), Peter Shames (JPL), Fred Slane (SC14), Christian Stangl (DLR), Paul Thompson (UKSA), Karl Vaden (GRC)

Discussion of Major Revision Progress of RASDS++ – Peter Shames

  *   Reviewed the draft RASDS++ document, dated 5 Jan 2024, that was distributed to the WG
  *   In general the team was pleased with the results of the “slimming diet” we had agreed to apply to the document
  *   Only Secs 1 - 6 are done at this point, revisions of the rest of the document are in process
  *   The following notes reflect the result of the tour through Sec 1-6

Notes:

  1.  Sec 1.4 still needs a “slimming diet”.  As do some of the parts of sec ?
  2.  In Sec 1.4, related to MBSE, mention need for profiles in the existing tools and the use of these methods in producing “digital twins”.
  3.  In the Enterprise VP we need to add Resources (including People) to the Attribute set.
  4.  Add resources to Enterprise Concerns in Sec 4.1.
  5.  Agreed to acknowledge the use of the simple ontology views as part of the presentation style, and to point out that this approach is now in wider use in the Info Viewpoint.  It’s self-referential, but seems useful.  This topic will be revisited in the Information VP when we get to it.  After all, people used to do data models, but they now are doing knowledge engineering and building LLMs.
  6.  Object representation discussion in sec 4, point back to fig 3-1 where this stuff is defined.
  7.  The Figure 4-6 needs to be updated to include a Launch Complex (Fred Slane).
  8.  Need to add an element related to cloud deployments and cybersecurity elements to table 5-2.
  9.  Make sure that the topic of “derived VPs” is introduced, in a formal way, earlier in the document than in sec 6.
  10. Do a final pass to, among other things, fix how Notes appear (indented), the Acronyms are all gathered up, References made whole, Figure references are correct, etc.
  11. Joseph asked if it were possible to provide a MBSE model, at least of the parts we describe.  Ans: We do not believe that we have the resources to do this, but will include several links to relevant and useful papers. (INCOSE,
  12. Joseph raised the question about the use of Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) model that has been defined in the Open Group (https://www.oasis-open.org/standard/uddi/).  We spent some time after the meeting exploring this and related work and will look into it further.
  13. The question of whether we will want to include domain specific data models as a concept in the Information Viewpoint will be further explored.
RASDS++ document finalization – Peter Shames

  *   The final revisions to the RASDS++ Word version of the document is in process
  *   The CWE folder has the latest files, at: https://cwe.ccsds.org/sea/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsea%2Fdocs%2FSEA%2DSA%2FDraft%20Documents%2FRASDS%20Revisions%202020%2FRASDS%20revisions%20draft%20documents&FolderCTID=0x012000F83FD93BEFF45E4FB5D1769B01CA762F&View=%7BA709F322%2D0E67%2D45C7%2D932D%2DCB78C55CE268%7D<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/cwe.ccsds.org/sea/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=*2Fsea*2Fdocs*2FSEA*2DSA*2FDraft*20Documents*2FRASDS*20Revisions*202020*2FRASDS*20revisions*20draft*20documents&FolderCTID=0x012000F83FD93BEFF45E4FB5D1769B01CA762F&View=*7BA709F322*2D0E67*2D45C7*2D932D*2DCB78C55CE268*7D__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJQ!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!LFUqVMWvOZeQJ5Zj8xm440oeAz3dQEfnWrPj2rnzZihjZUrKS4FKBBGQ5wdTUU4RCrq-F9Q8AhYHEWwn8uJnXjE7lm_3hCnNi0ss$>
  *   Section writing assignments, updated/clarified from the original version, are in the file: RASDS++ ToC draft - writing assignments - 2023 August 15 that is stored in the CWE
  *   The latest version of the draft document, 311x0p2 RASDS++ Draft 5Jan24, is now updated in the RASDS 2020 Revisions CWE folder.
  *   => Action Item for Fred: revisit the figure 4-6 and make any needed updates, like adding a launch complex
  *   => Action item for Costin: revise the Operations viewpoint, Sec 10, to better align with the section flow and contents used in the other sections
  *   => Action item for Peter: finish the initial major “hack and slash” document edit pass
  *   => Action item for the whole Team: review the document and provide feedback on the revised sections

Next Working Meeting, 12 Feb 24 @ 0700 AM PST

Prior to the next meetings:

  *   Briefly review these notes and provide feedback
  *   Execute your Action items in the context of the current draft document
  *   Review the document and provide any “last minute” feedback

 Agenda for the meeting:

  *   Discuss any issues with document structure, contents, flow
  *   Raise any issues with missing figures, confusing materials or guidance, or disconnects between sections

  *   Let’s shoot for getting this document out of the WG and in Gannett’s hands in February, at the latest.