[Moims-sc] Updated draft of MPDS Blue Book and XML Service Specification

Dominik Marszk Dominik.Marszk at esa.int
Tue Mar 19 13:19:09 UTC 2024

Hi Roger,

I looked through the draft D and it looks pretty good to me. See attached
editorial fixes I suggest to the new Annex (I think I changed 2 words and a
comma).

The XML has almost (see below) no issues now, after removing all the CR
characters - I guess we cannot address this at the exporter level so lets
keep in mind that the XML has to be post-processed with Np++ or dos2unix
after an export.

One point for the WG - do we want to mention MO Common Login Service in B1.5
if it is being removed from there?

I believe no major comments have been missed overall, unless someone
disagrees.

Furthermore, I have attempted to quickly map MPDS to an upcoming Space
Weather Payload Data Centre project - it does seem to work, with the
following notes:

* I understand we are pretty settled on Req_3.4.3.H.12 - wanted to raise
lack of ProductType list/retrieval, but never mind that, let's get this book
out!

* Change proposed: description field of structs ProductType, Product, and
ProductSummary should be optional IMO - more detailed description are often
not available beyond a name/id or will be in an out of band metadata anyway

* Change proposed: Why is getProduct and getProductFile (and
notifyProductDelivery and deliverProducts, respectively) the same cap set? I
can imagine implementations supporting one or another - suggest separating
capability sets.

* Bug: StandingOrder::orderID does not appear in the XML spec - I was *very*
confused about this for a while - problem with the exporter?

Note that I cannot join this evening meeting so please proceed without me.

Best regards,

Dominik

ESA - European Space Agency

Dominik Marszk
System and Applications Engineer
Ground Segment Systems and Cybersecurity Engineering Section (OPS-GAE)

ESOC - European Space Operations Centre
Robert-Bosch-Strasse 5, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
 <mailto:dominik.marszk at esa.int> dominik.marszk at esa.int |
<http://www.esa.int/> www.esa.int
T +49 6151 902219