[Moims-sc] [MOv2] Removing a MAL object: precision needed

Churlaud Olivier Olivier.Churlaud at cnes.fr
Tue May 30 13:20:16 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I just finished a telecon with Serge about some expected behaviors in the Aggregation service, and it appears that we have a hole somewhere that would need precision.

We often define operations in services that add and remove MAL objects.
What happens if I remove a MAL object and add another one with the same KEY ?
I see 3 possibilities:

a)    It’s not authorized : the key is lost forever and thus…..the provider needs a database with all existing keys of the world

b)    It’s authorized but the version must be bumped so that a consumer knows that something happened with it. The provider needs a database with all existing keys and their current version. It means also that add/remove operations are rather upgrade/disable.

c)     It’s authorized and the key is initialized to 1. The risk is that the consumer loses its mind, specifically in multi-users scenarios, but everythink is way simpler

I would vote for (c) that is simplier in all ways and would only need to add a sentence in the bluebook.
In this case, it means that this scenario is possible:

1)    ESA creates aggregation GreatAggreg = [param1, param2, param10]

2)    Someone (ESA, CNES or another teamplayer) deletes the aggregation GreatAggreg

3)    CNES creates the aggregation GreatAggreg = [param12,param3]

4)    ESA receives an aggregation GreatAggreg and is not able to understand it.

ð  ESA’s software (and every multi-player software) has to be robust to this case or have implementation specific code to forbid it.

Do you have opinions about this?

Best regards
Olivier

[cid:image015.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490]

Olivier CHURLAUD

Architecte Segment Sol d'Opération

Sous-Direction Opérations,
Service Développement de Segments Sol d’Opérations
18 avenue Edouard Belin 31401 Toulouse Cedex 9

[cid:image016.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490] +33 (0)5 61 28 19 08

[cid:image017.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490] olivier.churlaud at cnes.fr

[cid:image018.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490] cnes.fr<http://cnes.fr/>

[cid:image019.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490]<https://www.facebook.com/CNESFrance/>  [cid:image020.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490] <https://www.instagram.com/cnes_france/>   [cid:image021.png at 01D9930A.3C6FB490] <https://twitter.com/cnes>