[Moims-sc] [EXTERNAL] [MOv2] Removing a MAL object: precision needed

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 31 05:53:26 UTC 2023

I may not be understanding all of the implications of this, but this appears to be an issue of CM and version control.

If these objects are effectively global in nature then I believe that this CM and version control needs to be done globally.  If it is “localized” in some way, relative to a system, then I believe that the CM needs to be handled local to that deployment.

To not handle CM and versioning, and to allow any system element to delete, redefine, etc elements without control or marking that this had occurred seems to me like a recipe for disaster.

Note that I am assuming that this redefinition implies changing type, number, or order of formal parameters.  It does not imply that the values of these parameters cannot be changed.

Regards, Peter