[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Request for Area Director Review of CCSDS Navigation Data Messages XML Specification Version 3 "Transition to Blue" Draft

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Feb 27 20:02:45 UTC 2023

Dear Mario and Marc:

At this time I would to request the Area Director Review of the Navigation Data Messages (NDM/XML) Version 3 draft (Pink Book 2.1. This was the Agency Review copy; there were no RIDs that introduced changes to the document). Unfortunately I inadvertently neglected to include this document in the Navigation WG Report from the Fall 2022 Meetings list of "Resolutions Anticipated in the Next 6 Months"; I am hopeful that this does not delay proceeding with the final stages of the document publication. We would like to request the Area Director review of the draft which will hopefully result in your Resolution requesting the initiation of CESG and CMC Polling for Approval to Publish the NDM/XML Version 3.

Please find attached the following artifacts:

1. Evidence that an Agency Review was performed;

2. RID dispositions from the Agency Review (we had 1 RID from NASA/JSC... note that CNES, INPE, JAXA notified us that they had no RIDs) and evidence that the disposition was communicated to the reviewer;

3. The report of prototype testing;

4. The report of changes since the NDM/XML Blue Book 2.0 was published

5. The prospective "Transition to Blue" version of the NDM/XML, Pink Book version P-2.1

Best Regards,
David

P.S.: It will be desirable for the ODM V.3 and NDM/XML V.3 to enter CESG and CMC polling for approval to publish at the same time, since they are related by virtue of the new message in the ODM V.3.