[Moims-dai] Meeting in The Hague - in-person or by video

Robert Rovetto ontologos at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 13:09:39 UTC 2023

id like video option

    On Friday, September 1, 2023 at 05:35:47 AM EDT, David Giaretta via MOIMS-DAI <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org> wrote:

Dear all

I gather that at least a few people (John, Mike and maybe Roberta) plan to be in The Hague in November. But Steve (and other JPL people) have had their travel cancelled, so he cannot be there.

My concern is that since the weekly meetings are largely discussions between Steve and I, I am not sure what we will be able to do at the November meeting that we will not be able to do via video-meetings. Peter Shames suggested that WGs could video meet with JPL folk at 1400 – 1800 PM CET daily over that period.

In other words, I don’t know whether it is worth the expenditure of time and money for me, or anyone, to travel to The Hague – and stay, eat etc.

Personally, I’d rather do daily extended video meetings, much as I like seeing people in person.

Any thoughts?

Regards