[Moims-dai] Meeting in The Hague - in-person or by video

david at giaretta.org david at giaretta.org
Fri Sep 1 09:35:33 UTC 2023

Dear all

I gather that at least a few people (John, Mike and maybe Roberta) plan to
be in The Hague in November. But Steve (and other JPL people) have had their
travel cancelled, so he cannot be there.

My concern is that since the weekly meetings are largely discussions between
Steve and I, I am not sure what we will be able to do at the November
meeting that we will not be able to do via video-meetings. Peter Shames
suggested that WGs could video meet with JPL folk at 1400 - 1800 PM CET
daily over that period.

In other words, I don't know whether it is worth the expenditure of time and
money for me, or anyone, to travel to The Hague - and stay, eat etc.

Personally, I'd rather do daily extended video meetings, much as I like
seeing people in person.

Any thoughts?

Regards