[Tc20-sc13] RE: CCSDS meetings in fall of 2010

peter.allan at stfc.ac.uk peter.allan at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 12:17:12 UTC 2010

Folks,

Before Christmas I asked BSI for confirmation that they could
accommodate our request to have the fall CCSDS/SC13 meetings a week
earlier than originally planned. I have now received a reply and
unfortunately there are enough other bookings for the week of 18-22
October to make it impossible to hold the technical meetings at BSI
during that week.

One option is clearly to stick with the original dates of 25-29 Oct for
the technical meetings and 1-5 Nov for SC13/CMC/etc(IOAG).

Another option is for me to look for another venue, although there was a
strong preference for holding the meetings in London and in practice,
this means using BSI.

My recollection is that, while it would have been more convenient to
move the meetings one week earlier (much more for one or two people),
there was no overriding reason to do so.

Given the fact that we cannot use BSI for the week of 18-22 Oct, my
recommendation is that we go with the original dates. However, I am
quite prepared to explore other options if people wish.

Happy New Year

Peter
Dr. Peter M. Allan
Head, Space Data Division
Space Science and Technology Department
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
England
e-mail: peter.allan at stfc.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (1235) 445723     fax: +44 (1235) 446667

--
Scanned by iCritical.