[SOIS-WIR] CCSDS-883-0-R-0 Request for Publication Processing

Kevin K Gifford kevin.gifford at colorado.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:31:33 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas -

Thanks for your patience while awaiting SOIS-WIR WG disposition of CCSDS-883-0-R-0 CESG updates.

The SOIS-WIR WG:
-- Has dispositioned all Agency Review RIDs (primarily from CNES, a couple from ESA)
-- Agrees with the CESG required updates regarding no spectrum requirements in CCSDS-883-0-R-0
-- Has worked with SEA (Peter) and SIS (Keith Scott) to provide CCSDS Adaptation profiles

The SOIS-WIR WG formally requests CCSDS publication and final approval from the CMC.
-- My understanding is that Thomas, as the CCSDS Secretariat prefers to incorporate Dr. Shames' "spectrum" updates from Peter's RIDs directly onto the ÇESG Approval Copy. Please let me know if I can provide any assistance, else I will stay out of your way
-- The attached slide deck has the original artwork (Kevin, Peter, Keith Scott) of the agreed-to CCSDS Adaptation Profiles; please insert as

Figure 2-5: 3GPP User Plane CCSDS Adaptation profile: DTN/BP End-to-End
Figure 2-6: IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi CCSDS Adaptation profile: DTN/BP End-to-End
Figure 2-7: 3GPP User Plane CCSDS Adaptation profile: IP Over CCSDS, only good for near Earth deployments
Figure 2-8: IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi CCSDS Adaptation profile: IP-over-CCSDS (near-Earth)
Figure 2-9: IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi CCSDS Adaptation profile, BP for long haul links, TCP/IP requires BP Store & Forward Gateway

Please let me know if any questions or if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks!

Kevin