[Sois-tcons] Initial draft of tcons api

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 18 12:24:50 EST 2005

Attached is a word doc showing a concept of a C binding of the Tcons
Intranetwork service api.  I've made a couple passes w/ Steve and there
is some general accord on it.

Chris sent me a .pdf with a bunch of api related text & pictures, I
think with some small changes it would make a great introduction to the
api, whatever form it takes.

Briefly, as it is the api attempts to introduce required and optional
elements without getting into implementation specific issues of loading
and initialization- if for no other reason than there exists the
possiblity of coding the api in hardware and such things are inevitably
implementation-dependent.

The api is structured this way to attempt to preserve the possibilities
of zero-copy out onto the network and the possiblity of operation within
an interrupt context- though such a context is not required.

Regards,

Greg