[Sois-tcons] RE: [Cesg-all] RE: [Sois-tcoa] Re: Status of SOIS?

Steve Parkes sparkes at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 11:55:17 EDT 2005

Dear Adrian,

Thanks for your reply to my email and the answers to my questions.

Tom - would you please send me the latest templates for white, green and red
books - thanks.

Patrick/Chris - would you please arrange a joint SIS/SOIS meeting during the
next CCSDS meeting. The aim of this meeting will be for SOIS TCONS/OBL to
present their work and for SIS to comment on how this fits in with their
view of the onboard network.

Adrian - I assume that you agree that this is the right audience for the
SOIS TCONS/OBL discussion.

Adrian - to address your concern about lack of material coming out of
TCONS/OBL, I can assure you that before the next CCSDS meeting this
situation will have changed. I will only go public with documents once they
are in a meaningful shape with agreement from the experts contributing
directly to TCONS. There is no conspiracy about this only the concern that
we do not waste peoples' time reading through documents that are we do not
believe in and which may change significantly. We will have the first white
paper available in a couple of weeks time and are working on a second one
together with two red books which will be ready before the next CCSDS
meeting. I will take a look at the CCSDS procedures manual and make sure
that I understand the process.

Regards

Steve

Steve Parkes