[Sois-tcons] RE: Updated version of TCONS Red book on CWE

Scott,Keith L. KSCOTT at mitre.org
Mon Aug 29 12:19:23 EDT 2005

Steve,

Sounds great.  So really in Figure 2-2, there is a (not shown) 'TCONS
Transport' in addition to the TCP/UDP examples.  That is, the blue box
could read 'Transport (e.g. TCONS-TP, TCP, UDP).  Presumably same for
network.  Sounds great.  Also, if other transport protocols are adopted
and/or developed for on-board systems, fine by me (and the interfaces
in 2-2 should support them cleanly).

My apologies about being confused and mentioning a sockets interface;
you are correct in that the API to the applications (TCOA or other) is
something different from the Inter Network Service interface in the
figure.

As for referencing SCPS-TP, TCP, and UDP, I believe that CCSDS 714.0b1
(SCPS-TP) does this.  It simply adopts UDP, and admits the possibility
of using 'plain' TCP and/or the SCPS-TP extensions.

I plan to be in Atlanta all week, mostly for Cislunar stuff but I also
think there's an interaction between Cislunar and TCONS.  I can speak
for SIS to some degree; if I'm not enough then we can hunt up Dai.

		--keith

CCSDS
>standard. This would then be a box within TCONS rather than the full
>transport and network layer, because we want to be able to handle
other
>onboard transport and network protocols.
>
>As I have said our current focus is on the architecture and
>QoS approach.
>The primary aim of our meetings in Atlanta is to get this
>finalised and out
>for review. We would also like to discuss the architecture
>(and QoS) with
>SIS so that our views of the universe can converge, and also
>to make a start
>on some of the other red books that we have on our list. Can
>we arrange a
>meeting with SIS to discuss the architecture?
>
>Regards
>
>Steve

>Steve Parkes
>Space Technology Centre