[cssm] SSF schema correction needed

Barkley, Erik J (US 3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 29 00:34:35 UTC 2020

Hello Colin,

As result of some internal DSN work, I took a look at the SSF schema and I believe a minor error that nonetheless needs correcting was exposed.  As you may recall, the SSF calls out CCSDS 320.0-M-7, table 2-1 with regard to frequency band designators.  For reference, here is a copy of the table from that document:

[cid:image002.png at 01D66505.5AC80C70]

The SSF XML Schema has listing of allowed frequency band designators that looks like this:

[cid:image003.png at 01D66504.BAAA0EF0]

As you can see, highlighted is a value of "XS-DS" -- but there is no such value in 320.0-M7 -- rather we have "X-DS".  So I think we need a technical corrigendum to the SSF book and also an update to the schema.  Of course we already have instances of implementations based on this and so probably a brief conversation on update plans would be useful to have either as a sidebar or at our next teleconference. What do you think?