[cssm] CPIF - RIDs 5,6,and 11 (Keyhole and CableWrap)

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Wed Jul 8 13:43:15 UTC 2020

Dear all,
                  just been trying to do the updates to the schema as
discussed yesterday at the Webex and was reading the red book before
starting the updates (i.e. replace Keyhole and CableWrap with
ProviderLimitation), only to find that we may already have this covered
and all that needs to be done is remove the Keyhole and CableWrap events.

The reason for saying this is that we have RetComms and FwdComms events
already defined and in a note at the bottom of table 3-4 it states;

"NOTE   ?       The Forward and Return Communication Start and End events
are used by the provider to specify the possible start and end of
communication service windows to a user platform, relative to any and all
limitations and constraints under which that provider can execute user
services.  The specific limitations and constraints are not implied and
are left up to the provider to consider, so long as the user platform can
plan and request any service whose Start and End times are contained
(inclusive) within the timeframe bounded by the COMS_START and COMS_END
events.
                Typical limitations and constraints accounted for when
defining the COMS_START and COMS_END events are constraints associated
with antenna elevation, cable wrap, visibility masks, slew rates, etc."

so the question is to we need the ProviderLimitation events in view of
this ?

I can see there may be some use in indicating a limitation rather than
just providing an available comms window, but would appreciate other vies.

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,
HSO-GI, European Space Agency,