[Smwg] CCSDS RID Form - Beta testing requested.

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Tue Jun 11 15:27:48 UTC 2019

Hi John,
                 yes I've noticed that can occur in Reader. If the "Fields
highlight color" in the Forms section of Preferences in Reader is set to
something other than white or gray the effect is to change the apparent
colour of the field until you actually enter the field. There doesn't seem
to be a way (or at least I haven't managed to find it) that allows you to
set the highlight colour in the Form Definition. Maybe need to add a note
in the Form Instructions.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the testing and feedback, With the exception
of the minor glitch noted by John above there have been no issues reported
(even on a Mac !).

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,
HSO-GI, European Space Agency,
European Space Operations Centre,
Robert-Bosch-Str 5,
64293 Darmstadt,
Germany.

Phone; +49 6151 90 2896
Fax;      +49 6151 90 3010
E-Mail;  colin.haddow at esa.int

From:   John Pietras <john.pietras at gst.com>
To:     "Colin.Haddow at esa.int" <Colin.Haddow at esa.int>,
"erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov" <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>,
"Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int" <Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int>, "Eddy, Wesley M.
(GRC-LCN0)[MTI SYSTEMS, INC.] via SMWG" <smwg at mailman.ccsds.org>,
"Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de" <Marcin.Gnat at dlr.de>, "Hugh Kelliher
(hugh.kelliher at spaceconnexions.com)" <hugh.kelliher at spaceconnexions.com>,
Anthony Crowson <anthony.crowson at telespazio-vega.de>
Date:   11/06/2019 17:02
Subject:        RE: CCSDS RID Form - Beta testing requested.

Colin,
I?m using Adobe Acrobat Pro/Windows 7. At least on my screen, when I look
at the form the colors don?t conform to your color code. However, they *do
* conform once the cursor has been placed in a field. The fields that are
supposed to be pink and light blue are mauve, and the fields that are
supposed to be green are light blue:

Having experimented with this and knowing what the right answer is, I can
personally correct for this. But it might be confusing to others. Perhaps
you could also preface the names of the mandatory field with ?*? (e.g.,
*SUBMITTING ORGANIZATION), optional with ?-? (-SUPPORTING ANALYSIS), and
prohibited with some other character (e.g., #DISPOSITION) and add those
?definitions? to the instructions.

Best regards,
John