[Smwg] Action 2016-1017-4 - Check the Planning Event terminology with the CCSDS glossary

Colin.Haddow at esa.int Colin.Haddow at esa.int
Mon Jan 22 16:18:33 UTC 2018

Dear all,
                  I've finally got round to working on this action which
was originally raised by Nestor and states "Check the Planning Event
terminology with the CCSDS glossary", So I went to the publications page
and the only thing with "Glossary" in the title is

CCSDS 350.8-G-1  Information Security Glossary of Terms.- This  I believe
after having a look at it is not relevant to the action.

I therefore had a look for other documents and found the following 2 which
seemed as though they might be relevant;

CCSDS 910.3-G-3  Standard Terminology, Conventions, and Methodology (TCM)
for Defining Data Services.

CCSDS 311.0-M-1  Reference Architecture for Space Data Systems.

After having had a look at these I can't see anything in the PIF that
would contradict what is stated in these docs. At this point, out of
curiosity I went and had a look through the silver books and found there;

CCSDS A30.0-G-3-S  CCSDS Glossary. Silver Book. Issue 3. July 1997

I had a look through this and again I can't see anything that contardicts
what is currently in the PIF.

I therefore belive that this action can be closed since;

There is nothing in the PIF that conradicts what is in the CCSDS Glossary.
The CCSDS Glossary is a retired book

Cheers for now,

Colin

Dr. Colin R. Haddow,