[Smwg] TGFT certificats mangement prototype and recommandations

Ciocirlan Claudia Claudia.Ciocirlan at cnes.fr
Fri Feb 23 13:35:54 UTC 2018

Hello all,

We have decided upon a connectivity test for the end of March between the CNES and the CAS.

In order to prepare the testing we need to agree on the protocol (which will be https) and on the certificates.
For the end of march we propose that each entity generates auto signed certificates and send them to the other party in order to establish the connection and each entity will then be able to make a "https put" of a file or archive. Is that ok for everyone?

That also raises the question of how the certificates will be managed by TGFT. Do we intend to make recommendations in the TGFT or we leave that an open subject? (how the certificates are going to be managed, generates, by user, by group...).
For the yellow book regarding the test reports we have identified a section where we will mark down all the inputs used beyond the requirements and the recommendations of the TGFT.

I excuse myself if this question was already discussed and I am not aware of.

Regards,
Claudia